[Harp-L] Subject: Re...Jimmy Gordon's CD - "Come On Over"

Jimmy Gordon's back here posting with his usual superior  technical know-how
and Cody just happened to mention his CD  "Come On  Over".  Timing is
fortuitous...this is my (as usual procrastinated) current  review of it from CD Baby:

"I know Jimmy Gordon as a Harmonica technician extraordinaire. I knew he
could play...heard him sit in on a few Blues Jams at the Buckeye blues festival
and at SPAH but had no idea he could sing as well. This CD was a revelation
for  me. I'm used to Jimmy hitting stratospheric notes on the harp...didn't know
his  singing voice would be so low-key and just plain Nice! The CD is a
mixture of Country, Blues and almost Folk with a little Rock thrown in for good
measure. The people backing him are awesome as well, loved the piano
especially.  I play this CD fairly often (have a huge collection and am an  amateur
harmonicist so don't have a lot of time to devote to any one artist) so  that is
saying something. I enjoy his humor on this compilation and that he does  sing
and play with heart. This CD IS Jimmy..plain and simple. Loved his voice  the
best on "Come on Over" and "Rose in the Garden". His Harp playing throughout
is another thing altogether....he sure doesn't do enough of it Live. Why
isn't  he recording more?"

Elizabeth