[Harp-L] Multi-list spread of info on the new Deluxe 270

--- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Bobbie Giordano <bogio@...>
wrote:

> Over on SlideMeister, the harmonica forum confined to chromatic
> harmonica discussions, Winslow Yerxa broke news about a new version
> of Hohner's chromatic, the Chromonica 270.  It will evidently be
>  unveiled at the Frankfurt Music Fair at the cusp of April, and
> will be referred to as the "Deluxe" model.

<snip>

> Permit me a personal comment, if I may... I do find it disturbing
> that the only announcement so far, and hence, flurry of discussion,
> has been only given to the chromatic mailing list, when I am
> certain there are as many chromatically-interested players here on
> Harp-L, HarpTalk and the other lists, as on SlideMeister.  I
> sincerely hope this is not a trend in the making.

Not as far as I'm concerned, and I'm the one who started it all by
posting the news to SlideMeister.

Why did I post it only there even though chromatic players frequent
other lists?

1) The Babelfish translation was very bad, and I wanted to see if
others could clean it up.

2) I wasn't sure I would be embarrassing Fernando Bresslau by jumping
ahead of Hohner's north america announcement, though clearly it was
laready known about in Germany (I pciked it up from Didi Neumann's
German-language email newsletter.) As it turned out, with the cat out
of the bag, Fernando was relieved to finally be able to talk about it
and helped clarify the translation.

3) Even though Slidemeister denizens quickly pitched in to refine the
translation, Iw as at my desk at work, and things got busy later in
the day, so I didn't have time to condense and edit the various
translation comments and re-post to other lists.

Being that I'm not paid by Hohner as their publicist, I don't feel I
have any obligation to spread their information around in a
thoroughgoing fashion. I'd done my bit by letting the English-
speaking world in on the information - let others pitch from that
point. They did just that on the translation, and I see you took the
text step  by spreading the announcement to harp-l - Thanks, Bobbie.

I don't think cross-posting is an issue here, as this was an
announcement and not a question or other invitation to discussion. Of
course discussion ensues, but that's another matter.

Winslow