Re: [Harp-L] Stupid question about Digitech processors

The Eventides are nice, no doubt about it.  They're awfully pricey
though -- well north of a thousand bucks, if I remember correctly, for
the baseline models.

A number of reverb units from Lexicon, TC Electronics, etc. starting at
$200 new and up, will do pitch shifting too.  Things to watch out for
include:
- how good does the pitch-shifter sound?  Does it color the sound of the
pitch-shifted material?
- how well does it track with a microphone?
- does it track chords as well as single notes?
- how quickly does it respond to an incoming sound?  Do you hear a
notcieable lag between the start of the initial note, and the start of
the pitch-shifted note?

I find that my RP200 does most of these things better than my Lexicon
MPX100, which is a $200 reverb unit. Of course, the Lexicon cleans the
RP's clock when it comes to reverbs, chorus, and flanging.

Regards, Richard Hunter
hunterharp.com