Re: [Harp-L] Golden Melody

Donald wrote:
"Harp Depot has this to say about the GM:
.......it's tuned slightly differently to produce a full, rich
sound..........."

Hmmm.  I gather that the tuning used on all other harps was designed to
produce a weak, thin sound... that certainly answers a lot of questions
I've had...

Seriously,  GMs are tuned for single-note playing; MBs, Special 20s,
etc. are tuned for more harmonious chords.  It's more complicated than
that, but that's a basic summary.  The differences are slight, but
noticeable, especially if you play a lot of chords.

So if you're doing mostly melody playing, try a GM; if you're doing a
lot of chording, try a SP20.

Or just buy Lee Oskars, like me.  I think they sound great.  And you can
get them in different tunings, so you can do even more chording on those
Gospel pieces.

Regards, Richard Hunter
hunterharp.com