RE: Fwd: [Harp-L] Paddy Richter

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/trad_irish_harmonica
HEAR my CD clips: http://www.gjk2.com/steveshaw/cd.htm
READ review of my CD: http://www.irishmusicreview.com/sshaw.htm

This is also pretty easy to just retune for yourself.  Its only one
reed, although it is a blow reed (meaning you have to remove the
plate), and you do have to move it a wholetone.

This is the tuning I play primarily, and it's great for me.  You
lose the I blow chord, and the 3-6 blow octave, but having that
natural A is worth it for me and the material I play.

-tim

Paddy is the only tuning I use for 10-hole harps, but I achieve it by tuning up the 2-draw rather than the 3-blow. I really have no other good reason for doing it other than the fact that I've always done it and I'm used to it. I don't need the lost draw chord as I play single notes nearly all the time. You don't have to take the plates off to do it my way!

Steve