[Harp-L] Practice

Sometimes it takes us old dogs awhile to figure out old tricks.    I have
never been good at practicing. I never knew what to practice and I would end up
just messing around.
Recently, though, I devoted a little more time to it. Darned if it didn't
help. I suppose I knew, deep down, that it would, but I'm still stupid about many
things.
 I was at an acoustic gathering tonight (playing bass), and after most people
had left, a friend said "Let's play a blues before we go." So I grabbed a
harp and lots of new things popped out. I have been working (practicing?) on
involving more parts of the harp, some middle and high-end notes that I have
previously been afraid of. So I kind of naturally fell into using some of that and
I was pretty happy with some of what I played. I mean, I'm no hotshot or
anything, but it was fun to see the fruits of my labor.
    I guess I'll have to find time to practice some more, if my life ever
quits kicking my butt.

Still a fool for the Harp
Steve 'Moandabluz' Webb

P.S. Jimmy Gordon 'A' harp was in use for that blues jam :) :)