[Harp-L] Re: Fingers Taylor

Brian wrote:
"update on the great fingers taylor. fingers is schedualed to have some pretty serious back surgery this week and hopefully will make a quick recovery. <snip> he has been doing alot of jimmy buffett tribute band gigs around the country..."

Count me among the bigtime FT fans. Growing up in South Florida, Buffett was required listening and I heard a lot of great great harp in the process. And the great thing about Fingers' harp work with Buffett is that it's so varied - from sweet, pretty ballad stuff, to great country ("Frank & Lola"), to dang nasty blues growls (check out "Livingston Saturday Night" - still one of my all-time favs).

Here's hoping the surgery goes well for Greg. I know I've got my fingers crossed for him.

Lastly, there HAS to be some kinda story behind why he'd be hustling around doing Buffett "tribute band gigs" rather than standing in his rightful place on stage with JB and the Coral Reefers. What gives!?

MN