Re: [Harp-L] Howard Levy on PHC - Link to Audio

I was there (at Purdue) and Howard played a lot.  More, it seemed to me, than ever before.  If I recall, he also played during 1 or 2 of the Purdue Varsity Glee club sings.  The crowd loved him.  He also played before (during warm up) and after for a couple sets.  It was great.

TomEA

Message: 16
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 10:04:26 -0600
From: "Jonathan Metts" <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] Howard Levy on PHC - Link to Audio
To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>

Thanks to whoever gave the heads up about Howard appearing on last weekend's
Prairie Home Companion.  I didn't listen to it live, but the audio is now
available at the show's website at this page:

http://prairiehome.publicradio.org/programs/2006/01/28/

You need RealPlayer or RealOne to play it.  The show outline should help you
skip around if you don't want to listen to the entire two-hour show, but
it's not perfectly descriptive.  It only mentions Howard once, but he
actually plays on a few tunes.  I've only skimmed the audio so far, but I
did find some nice harp playing from "our fearless leader".

If I have time today, I'll try to write up a Howard-centric show outline
that will be far more useful to our group.

Jonathan Metts

-----------Winamac, IN-------41 deg 3 min N ------- 86 deg 36 min W-------
-It is good to have an END to  journey toward, but it is the JOURNEY that matters in the end.  / Ursula Le Guin-
-  http://ansplog.blogspot.com/  -
-email in/out scanned by AVG Free 7.1.374  http://free.grisoft.com-