RE: [Harp-L] Fingers Taylor

Just as I was getting into harmonica my two older brothers were getting into Jimmy Buffet. It was quite serendipitous that I had all this harmonica music at my disposal in addition to all the hard blues I was getting into. He really can do it all. He's, in my opinion, one of the best ballad players. Listen to Buffet tunes like "Coast of Marseilles" or "Defying Gravity" really simple, lyrical stuff. At the same time he'll rip it up on something like "Fool Button" or "Dixie Diner"

I have all his solo stuff and it varies from veryy poppy stuff meant to appeal to JB fans to traditional blues. He's at his best when he's playing straight ahead blues like "Harpoon Man" with Anson & the Rockets or his most recent "Hi Fi baby" with Kims Wilson's band.

Ryan