Re: [Harp-L] Reverb pedals

In a message dated 12/28/2006 7:07:57 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
toomuchharmonicaisbarelyenough@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes

       Christopher, I'm a new dood here on  the list and probably ought to
just keep my mouth, and fingers quiet but that  just "aint my natcha. You made
mention of using a Boss pedal and it's been my  experience that Boss/Roland
effects are some of the best. (best IMHO) I have in  the past used Roland/Boss
COSM effects on stage and was quite satisfied with  what I got outta them.
Matter of fact I used to use a BR 8 digital recorder  for effects while playing
live. I dialed up a cool tube amp simulation  with lots of drive, added reverb
and the delay that I wanted and ran a line  in to the board. It worked great for
me and I didn't have to lug an amp around.  I used a high impedance mic like
a bullet mic sometimes and sometimes I used an  SM 58 and depended on the
effects. I like to play clean sometimes and I would  just hit the tuner button and
had no effects with the 58. A bullet mic  sounds too dirty for what I'm
looking for sometimes. You get what you pay  for most of the time with effects. I
use Dan Electro effects on my guitar and I  love 'em. I don't think it will
suck to use those but I would buy the higher  priced ones to be sure. I've been
wondering about that Tuna Melt tremolo though  and it's like 30 bucks. If you
try the cheaper Dan Electro pedals let me know  what you think.
           Randy      King Biscuit Boy for president. Magic Dick  for
Secretary of Licks.

Hi  All
I am looking for a reverb pedal and would like to  hear of anyones
experience with then. Which are value for money? Which  ones to avoid?
Price is an issue so I am looking at the bottom of the  market pricewise,
Danelectro mini reverb maybe?
I will be using it with  a Shaker Dynamic mic if that's relevant.
Is there a big difference between  reverb, echo or delay pedals? It
sounds like they all do a similar  thing?
I'll be playing blues and some irish music and want to thicken up  the
sound a little. I have used a boss blues pedal on a guitar but don't
know anything about reverb,echo or delay pedals in regard to  harmonica.

Thanks
Christopher