Re: [Harp-L] harmonicas in Italy?

Hi Larry,

no, Hohner, is almost the only brand available around here. You can get Lee Oskar's in most shops, but that's all. Everything else is available only on online shops. For a Tombo, you have to be very lucky, and in a big city. Just to get your hand on something with italian words on it, you could get a tremolo model like the Hohner "Bravi alpini" which most shop owners sell to first-time buyers as a harmonica used to play the blues; even though it's a tremolo.... But, how could they know: they just run a musical instruments' shop... :-(

PS If he's going near Bologna, make him go to the small town of Budrio, and get an ocarina for you. There's a lot to learn for a harmonica player from an ocarina...

Ciao,

Claudio

Larry C ha scritto:
My brother is going to Italy and asked me if I wanted a souvenir. I suppose I could ask him for an ocarina or an accordian, both of which Italy is famous for. But does anyone know if there are any harmonicas made or sold in Italy that are not easily available here? I was thinking Tombo S-50. Yes, I know "Tombo" is Japanese even though the word sounds Italian. But I do know they sell Tombos in Italy. the S-50 seems quite different and totally cool. Larry C

Larry C