[Harp-L] Old Chromonica

Does anyone know if there is any special value to a well-preserved Chromonica - 10 hole?  My dad told me he has one from "about 1968".  He bought it while living in Mexico, so it says "Hecho en Alemania" on it.  (That's "Made in Germany").  Knowing how he keeps most things, it is in mint or nearly mint condition.  He plays piano religiously for most of his 76 years, but I've never seen him holding his harmonica nor did I even know he owned one all those years.  So I'm sure it was sitting in a clean, protected box for many years.

  Funny thing is, a few days ago for Christmas I went on a whim and sent him a chromatic (new one I bought for him) and a Mel Bay chromatic solo book (mostly classical).  I figured I would introduce him to a new hobby that I have been enjoying so much lately.  He thanked me and said he is playing it a lot and really enjoying it (and mastered the whole book in an hour, no doubt).  Although he really can play jazz standards on his piano beautifully, he seems to prefer classical music (plays the hardest pieces flawlessly) and will probably build a classical repertoire on harp.  I'll probably buy some Bonfiglio recordings for him, especially the Villa-Lobos stuff, and Anthonty Lau (aka "Mr Harmonica").  You should hear him play Albeniz on the piano-- such beautiful stuff.

  Larry C