Re: [Harp-L] D-XB40's on ebay

Originally Hohner did make a "high" (i.e. regular pitch) D in XB-40.
But two things happened:

- players demanded a low D

- The top two holes on higher keys - including C and "high" D have
pitch problems. The size of the reed chamber has a resonant frequency
that drags theptich of those notes down.

Retuning an A to give you extra low range and some loss of top range is
a good alternative. I ahve made tunings like this and they work very
nicely, providing you can get sued to everything being shifted one hole
to the right - the note you expect to find in Draw 2 is in Draw 3
instead, etc.

Winslow