[Harp-L] more on harp amps

I've tried a handbuilt tweed bassman clone, a handbuilt tweed champ clone through a 4x8 speaker, a blackface Pro, a '48 champ, a 69 silverface Bassman,two different hybrid Vox clones, and an old tweed Airline amp. So far the only one I didn't like was the Airline.

The tweed champ through a bullet mic has that classic sound but not quite enough bass if you want to be real picky. The blackface Fenders have a clean sound to die for, especially though a stick mic like an SM57. Warm and sparkly.A shure bullet through the EL 84 amp I have now is good for what I need--a heavy distorted compressed sound--think Les Paul through a Marshall.

None of these amps came with anything close to Scooter or Sonny's personal attention to detail and customer support.They put their reputation on the line with every amp they build.That's worth a lot.

Rainbow Jimmy
http://www.spaceanimals.com
http://www.soundclick.com/theelectricstarlightspaceanimals.htm