[Harp-L] Re: funk

Mentioning my son again, [Hey, I'm a Mom!! :)] he's a keyboardist who plays regularly with 5 or 6 bands of various genre and styles, but he's been pretty grounded in jamband music for quite awhile now and loves the Funk many of them are into these days. On his MySpace, he recently put up a new number he composed and plays called Diggin' which has what I'd consider a 'Funk' feel. Another tune there from 2003 is Shufflin' Shoes, which seems to me like a sort of Gospel Funk. Diggin' is not completely finalized, he says, but pretty much rounded out and serves as a demo on the site.

He collaborated on Shufflin' Shoes, but the other numbers are all his compositions. [BTW, if you listen to Invisible Prisoner, the theme is a reflection on the lives of the Afghan prisoners held in limbo at Guantanamo Bay.]

Help yourselves to a listen, and I'm sure he'd appreciate any comments you may wish to pass on. Go to: http://www.myspace.com/tonygfactor

Hope you "dig" it! ;) Bobbie