[Harp-L] Re: Harp-L Digest, Vol 40, Issue 62

When reedplate screw hole threads strip, I place the reedplate on an anvil
and carefully hammer the screw hole with a flat-faced nailset having a
diameter a little greater than that of the screw hole, or similarly use the
riveting bit on my Farrell reed replacement tool, which has about the right
diameter.  This reduces the diameter of the screw hole enough to grip the
screw again.

Best regards,
Rick Epping

Message: 4 Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 11:26:59 -0500 (GMT-05:00) From: nonametribe <nonametribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [Harp-L] SP20 reedplate screws To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx Message-ID: < 31359971.1166459220256.JavaMail.root@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Any one suggest the correct replacement screw for stripped out threads in
the bottom reedplate on SP20?