Re: [Harp-L] 12 position, Overblows, and why I like harp

I can't stand the way the harmonica sounds in the hands/mouths of almost all players. But I'm 'cursed" with played this gem of an instrument so I purposefully avoid playing the way that I can't stand from others. I know this doesn't make much sense and it didn't to me either until I read up on Stephane Grappelli where he said he hated the sound of the violin and that encouraged him to play the way he plays. I suppose the same it true for me.