Re: [Harp-L] waves of shit spewing from an instrument, real players...

On 12/15/06, Steve Shaw <moorcot@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>Hi all, >If the audience wants to hear "waves of shit spewing from an instrument" >then I don't see >anything wrong in doing so. Often it's the stupidest >thing they like most and give a standing >ovation for.

>Jerome

This happened with a friend of mine.

Once, he played harmonica in a small pub, near his house. He was a
beginner, he has no tecnique, he has never studied harmonica before,
and people appreciated that.

Then he started to study and he evolved quite fast, so in just one
year, studying by himself and with some help of other harmonica
players, he was able to play nice, one note at a time ;-) with a
powerful vibrato and things like that.

Then he returned to the pub and guess what. People liked, but not as
much as the first time.

Sometimes, all they want is to hear something like the "random"
harmonica that harp players hate so much. Unfortunately.

[]

Kenji
http://kenjiria.blogspot.com
http://gaitabh.blogspot.com