[Harp-L] jason ricci live at havana

Garry Hodgson <garry@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> expect the 12/10 new hope show to be up by tomorrow.

as promised, this one's now up at:
http://www.archive.org/details/jrnb2006-12-10.flac16

it came out sounding very nice.  check out the sound quality
on Sonja to get an idea.  crystal clear, clean bass, great tone
on shawn's guitar.  maybe my best recording.

the "new man > wild side > new man", and "rocket number nine"
are both cool, as at AJ's.  but my favorite track is their great
rendition of ronnie earl's "akos", which i've been waiting to hear
since a soundcheck last march.  it was well worth the wait.

the only down side was the drunken idiot who spent the first part
of the show falling over things, screaming loudly near the mics,
and trying to drag his very embarrassed date onto the dance floor.
the thump at the end of Snowflakes was him tripping over the mic
stands.  i edited it down as much as possible, but couldn't eliminate
it.  you can hear him shouting in "cissy strut", too.  yeesh.  after a
warning from the owner, he eventually wandered off.

----
Garry Hodgson, Senior Software Geek, AT&T CSO

But I'm not giving in an inch to fear
'Cause I promised myself this year
I feel like I owe it...to someone.