Re: [Harp-L] Solo transcriptions (was Re: Youtube of LD Miller with John Popper)

I was going to suggest tha one of the best ways to really learn a tune is
listen to it and follow along in the book that Winslow wrote. You might even want
to get one of the slow-down programs or slow-down CD players -- at least two
brands are now available in two price ranges.

It's a lot easier to   look at where the music is going on paper as you
listen than simply listen to the tune a few hundred times trying to figure out what
the first note is.

Too bad it is out of print. It was a noble effort.

When I was in grad school (MA, 1980) the professors would make a deal with
the authors of out-of-print material for a licensing fee and print up a
collection of articles (course pack)   that cost about $30 or so available from
Kinkos.

Who owns the rights to out-of-print material, does it revert to the author?
Or does the publisher own it for ever?

This course pack concept might be the solution for some of these out of print
items.