Re: [Harp-L] attack of the endless vapid blues lick

Hey all,

    I have heard many players copy Little Walter, but with little success.
The notes are there, but the sound isn't. Little Walter had such an original
style that it bordered on arrogance for its', at the time,  new approach. How
many players originated and innovated on their instruement like Marion Jacobs.
Charlie Parker, Jimi Hendrix, Robert Johnson, Howard Levy, Paul Butterfield?
Yes. When somebody does as much for their instruement as LW did, then they
deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence. Sounding like Little Walter not
enough? I say dare to try. Oh,, I am sure some have succeeded, and built on his
style, Kim Wilson, Paul DeLay to mention a few.  But sounding like Little Walter
not enough? It would be a hell of a start.

                                     Best of the Holidays,

                                                       Christos