Re: [Harp-L] $500 and a new amp...

----- Original Message -----
Subject: RE: [Harp-L] $500 and a new amp...
> I am not sure how many watts I need I am kind of new to harp playing but
> learning very fast and want an amp to practice with.<snip>
> It will be used for practice mostly at home with some chances to play
> with friends and small gigs. I also play guitar and was hoping to use it
> with that as well.
>
> Thanks Shay

The Masco went for less than $300 on eBaY last night.

And I picked up a Kalamazoo2 for less than half that.  Should be here by the
end of the week.

I'm sure to change the 3-gang paper capacitor for individual 450V
electrolytics , add a three-wire power cord and De-Oxit the pots.  If I'm
lucky that'll do it.

If not I'll go through the whole thing.  Either way, I'll have a decent harp
amp for way under the $500 budget and have enough left over for a couple of
Seydel Blues Soloist Pro's.  (note to Rupert:  I really like that 'A' you
sent me, nice.)  Oh yeah, and a stompbox or two for guitar.

As far as not having 'enough watts' goes, I have a SM58 on an original JT-30
stand to mic it with.  I prefer mic'ed amps on stage anyway.

PEACE
Scott
Believe in Magic!