[Harp-L] was Danny Boy now Paddy

Steve Shaw wrote;
 >Paddy Richter is a whole tone up on 3-blow, not a semitone.  I'm a voice
in the wilderness here, but I tune up 2-draw instead of 3-blow. <

and

>I'm not claiming that as a good reason for doing it my way,
but it helps... ;-)<

Hi Steve,
I read somewhere (probably on this list) that this layout is often used in
Asia.
Therefore I suggest we refer to it as "Rice Paddy"!
But seriously, I can see certain advantages
- the similarity between the habitual 6/7 draw patterns and the fact that
the overblow on the 2 hole (Ab on a C harp) is not necessary whilst in terms
of disadvantage this very hole  demands a vertiginous descent of 2
wholetones ( yes, A down to F, thats 4 separate semitone bends).
Tell me more.
Mox

www.harmopoint.com

N'imprimez pas ce message si ce n'est pas indispensable