Re: [Harp-L] re: semantic limbs

JRR: regarding your observations about The Deb. You are absolutely correct. It is a very well played rendition of a superb arrangement and it doesn't include any chromatic runs. It's a perfect piece for demonstrating the strengths of the diatonic harmonica. I think that's an important part of our job as musicians. Picking material that is within the framework of the instrument we choose to interpret the music with. I understand that this is something you've been reiterating all along. There are those pioneers. People who play at the ragged edge of the capabilities of an instrument or a genre. It remains to be seen what these experimenters on diatonic harmonica will evolve. I would tend to agree with you that it won't be fluidly chromatic what ever it turns out to yield. respectfully submitted, fjm