Re: [Harp-L] shortly chromatic

Wow, quite a semantic limb you've gone out on Mr. Ross. If your goal is to play Ode To Joy with legato then diatonic harmonica would not be a good choice of instruments to play it on. Intonation is a huge issue with diatonic harmonica. Bent notes, open notes and overblows. It's also an issue with chromatic harmonica. I could agree that currently nobody I am aware of that plays diatonic harmonica is capable of playing standard symphonic works at pitch in an orchestral setting. Not and meet the criteria of the orchestra's genre. Corky Siegel does play with symphonies but he plays a set piece that is not a standard symphonic work. I'm not convinced that this means that diatonic harmonica can't be played chromatically. Every instrument that I am aware of has many severe limitations in terms of what can be played well on the instrument. Diatonic harmonica isn't special or unique in this regard. fjm