[Harp-L] Re: shortly chromatic

   Let me offer definitions to make everyone to come to same conclusion.

 Diatonic;  notes found in major or minor scales
 Chromatic;  colorful,  notes foreign to a key or scale, e.g., # or b
with series of notes   moving in half steps
 Chromatic scales; a scale composed of all 12 half steps of an octave
  I read interesting discussion between M Rubin and Bull dog Ross.  I
listened to clips from www.otaviocastro.com and read chromaticism in
diatonics.  I was impressed with his chromatic diatonic playing. He uses
custom Golden Melody in C.  I agree with Rubin that it is possible to
play shortly chromatic if you are skilled.  However, it is impossible,
IMO, to play a chromatic scale in any key of diatonic in one breath, C C#
D D# E F F# G G# A A# B C.  I agree with Bulldog Ross in this respect.  I
am not aware of any diatonic player who can do this although you may know
some one.  I have not seen any harp music that has chromatic scale for
diatonic.  I have seen Blackie Schackner playing chromatic scales on a
Hohner chromonica 270 at SPAH.  If you have a problem playing
chromatically on a diatonic, you can hold 2 diatonics and play
chromatically as described in my previous posts, e.g., C & C#, G & Ab.
Ken in Ga