Re: [Harp-L] $500 and a new amp...

Gary Bond wrote:
<After listening to Richard Hunters "Ridin' Blues" I'm sold on
<these digitech amp modelers. You can have a 59 Tweed Bassman with a Boss DM2
<analog delay petal for $200.00. To my ears and where I'm at in my
<playing/band situation they are more than enough and the possibilities
<of different sound/patch setups open up possibilities that a single
<purpose amp (no matter how good) just does not offer. I'm presently
<seriously considering the RP350 and Richard told me that is what he also
<plans to be upgrading to so we can expect a ton of patches from him when
<he gets his dialed in.

Thanks Gary.  In the interest of full disclosure, I want to say that the harp sound on "Ridin' Blues" was actually amp modeled twice.  I played the original part on the Digitech RP 200, and then I took the recorded part and ran it through a piece of free software (a VST plugin, for those who want to know) called "Freeamp2".  The result was the hellacious sound on the recording.

A lot of people on this list have commented favorably on my piece "Paris Boogie," and the harp sound on that piece is pure RP200.  I've also commented favorably on this list on the harp sound on Winslow Yerxa's piece "Windermere," which was written to use the Hohner XB40 harp.  That piece was recorded with a piece of amp modeling software called "amp sim" that ships with Cakewalk's digital recording program.

In short, amp modelers work.  You can hear all my recent pieces, almost all of which use the Digitech, at:
http://www.broadjam.com/rhunter

And like Gary says, I'm eagerly looking forward to setting up an RP350 for even more hellacious sounds.  It should take less time now that I know the basic principles of working with these boxes, or so I hope.

Regards, Richard Hunter
hunterharp.com