Re: [Harp-L] $500 and a new amp...

Hi Shay,

If you're looking for a new amp rather than
vintage, I'd suggest looking at the Fender Blues
Jr. or Pro Jr. amps. Both offer 15 watts, and a
12-inch speaker and plenty of punch for many band
situations. They can be modded with tube swaps to
make them more harp-friendly. I've got a Blues Jr.
I've had for several years that I love. Another
good one to consider (though I've never played
through one) is the Epihone Valve Standard (also 15
Watts, single 12" speaker).

Both of these are within your budget and deliver a
very big sound. Go to the local music store to give
them a try.

I'd suggest doing some Online research at Harp
Amps.com, a very good place to get information and
drool over new and vintage harp amps.
http://www.harpamps.com/

Good luck with your search!

Harpin' in Colorado,