[Harp-L] Magic Mic by Toysmith

At your local toy shop you may find a $5.00 item called "Magic Mic" by Toysmith.   It's shaped
like an oversized microphone.  Inside it has a spring (no batteries required).  Talk into it and
it gives your voice a garbage-can reverb.   Of course I wondered how it might sound with a
harmonica and took one home.

I'm not saying its going to become a permanent part of my gig bag. (For one thing it looks kind of
ridiculous.  Maybe I could paint it or something.) But its reverb is not bad.  It's easy to cup a
standard or even slightly oversized harp to it.  And I'd say it works better than a beer mug or
some of the other improvised devices I've seen used for effect.

I recommend you carry a harp into your local toy shop and decide right there for yourself if its
worth $5 to you.