Re: [Harp-L] Re: Danny Boy

I don't think I would be good at Irish music. Besides, the jigs and reels are too repetituous for me AND I could never remember those intricate note runs. And not being in any way Celtic, I don't have the 'soul' for it.

smokey-joe

Repetitious? Not so, old chap! You're meant to add in, tastefully of course, your own ornamentation and variations. You get an ear for this by listening to lots of Irish music (and not just played on harmonica!).

Steve

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/trad_irish_harmonica
HEAR my CD clips: http://www.gjk2.com/steveshaw/cd.htm
READ review of my CD: http://www.irishmusicreview.com/sshaw.htm