RE: [Harp-L] Danny Boy

Can anyone out there point me to a diatonic harp recording of this Irish std.? I have a friend who >is begging me to do it at a show for the Irish Pub owner. Thanks!

At least one review site won't review recordings of Irish music that have Danny Boy on them! :-) Most people would play it in G. Diatonically-speaking, a Paddy Richter-tuned harp is best if you want to avoid having to get the 6th note in the bottom octave by bending. I can't think of any harmonica recordings off the top of my head but there will be dozens somewhere I'm sure. Somebody will come up with one.

Steve

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/trad_irish_harmonica
HEAR my CD clips: http://www.gjk2.com/steveshaw/cd.htm

Windows Live? Messenger has arrived. Click here to download it for free! http://imagine-msn.com/messenger/launch80/?locale=en-gb