To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, December 05, 2006 12:57 AM
Subject: [Harp-L] Differnt approach to Amps?

G'day fellow harpers,

This is my first posting to Harp-L so I hope I don't put any noses out of
joint.
I am in the midst of creating a harp rig and while I understand the vintage
mic/amp approach I am looking to do it a bit differently. I have just
purchased a shaker MadCat mic (hasn't arrived yet) as I have been doing the
finger mic thing for a while (albeit with a cheap lapel mic). I really like
the sound flexability this gives you from Sonny Boy to Popper. I am also
looking at a keyboard amp (I do play keys as well) like the
Motion Sound KeyPro KT-80. I am thinking that a really nice tube preamp
(like the Redi?) would give me heaps of sound options. I am also intrigued
by the AER Compact Mobile Amp. I am wondering if any one has something to
say about this as I am new to the harp rig game. I ready to be called an
bloody idiot if that what it takes.

Thanks Chris Canning
Darwin Australia.