Re: [Harp-L] Recommended Stevie Wonder CD

Denny Noreikas wrote:
> I am making my Christmas wish list and would like to ask for a
> Stevie Wonder CD.  Based upon all the recent discussions on Harp-L
> what is the ONE CD that will give me the best of Stevie Wonder and
> his harmonica playing?

I think if you're just listening to Stevie for the harmonica playing
you're missing the larger picture of his genius.  Certainly he a
great harmonica player, but his music is wonderful whether or not
he's blowing harp.  Additionally, some of his best harmonica work is
done as a guest on other people's recordings (The Eurythmics to
Sting to James Taylor to...).

I bought a copy of "Stevie Wonder - The Definitive Collection", and
it has 20 of his biggest hits.  Now, I'm not wild about everything I
hear on the radio, and could probably live without "I Just Called to
Say I Love You" and the like.  On the other hand, "Uptight", "My
Cherie Amour", and "Signed, Sealed, Delivered" are some of my
favorite songs of all time, and I thoroughly enjoy this album.

-tim