re: Re: [Harp-L] Echo reverb query.

fjm wrote:
> The Alesis Midiverb III or is it IV now?  It's a rack though and
> it doesn't do tap.  Really good delays.  I don't use the reverb
> so I can't vouch for that.  Indestructible.  The only way to foot
> control it is using a midi controller.  I've never bothered.  I
> only use 2 programs on mine.  I just altered a couple of presets
> and then stored them as adjacent numbers and I toggle back and
> forth between them.  I like that it's stereo and has 2 gain
> controls plus a mix.  I am very very happy with the Alesis but I
> really only care about delay not reverb.  fjm

I use the Alesis Midiverb IV (I think that's the latest one, though
I've had mine for a couple of years).  I use the reverb, and
sometimes the chorus, but not the delay.  I haven't tried the reverb
and delay together.  I am very happy with the reverb quality.  You
can use a dedicated footswitch to turn it on and off, but that's all
it will do without a midi controller.  Like fjm, I have a few
altered programs that I keep on adjacent numbers to switch roll back
and forth between them.  I don't really care much about stereo,
since it doesn't make much difference when you're playing through
two speakers 20 inches apart, 20 feet from the closest listener.  I
use mine in dual-mono mode, and run the two sides of my preamp (with
different setups) through the left and right channels.  I haven't
had any trouble with mine (knock wood).  I have several Alesis
components in my rack, and they've all been very good.

-tim