Re: [Harp-L] Duets, Diatonic-sounding chromatic?

The Iceman put it so well...and I respect his point that some people get more satisfaction in mastering the instrument, while others like me get more satisfaction in reproducing or interpreting the song itself even if it means choosing the instrument path of least resistance.  And that can change, as Iceman said in his closing remarks.  I used to be enamored with and aspire to be at the skill level of the top instrumentalists (guitar for me), but in recent years I just dig a great melody and i am impressed when someone with limits can package it within their boundaries in a way that sounds good.  That's also an art form.

  At least one person who had the decency to contact me privately thought my original post was meant to take a swipe at those who spend lots of time working toward Levy-like skill.  So let me clarify it is not a swipe and I admire those who play like Levy.  The point was to suggest an alternative option to the people who post about how frustrated they get trying to play like Levy-- if you are OK with the difference in sound and you are intersted in getting on with playing songs, playing two harps makes it a lot easier.