[Harp-L] Re: Tony "Little Sun" Glover

> Does anybody know the whereabout of Tony "Little
Sun"
> Glover. He was the harpman of the trio of Koerner,
Ray
> and Glover: "Spider" John Koerner, Dave "Shaker" Ray

> and Tony Dave Ray is no longer with us. They were an
> incredible trio.

> Tony, to the best of my knowledge, is the first
> person to write an instruction manual of the
> Blues Harp - Oak Publications - They changed the
> origional cover.  He seems to have disappeared.
> Anyone have any information.

He's still around.  He is a critic and has written
some CD reviews.  I believe that he also worked with
Scott Dirks on the Little Walter biography.

I've got a copy of his blues harp instructional book
back in the late 70's.  A few months later, I also
picked up a copy with an LP.

I'll probably get reamed for the next paragraph, but
here goes...

After listening to it, it really reinforced the old
cliche, "those who can't do, teach."  The tone was as
thin as tissue paper.  Forty years later, reading his
reviews of other harp players, he has no room to
criticize the performance of others.  I never really
understood what the fuss was about with this guy.

Joe

P.S. I know a lot of people that can do and can teach.
 It's unnecessary to blast off on that sentence.