Re: [Harp-L] re: intonation and such

I second that.  The other musicians in my band are always saying that once I've "mastered" the chromatic, I can get rid of "all those little harmonicas" because I won't need them anymore once I have "all the notes."  To which I always respond, "NO, because it is a larger issue than just notes;  it's also about maintaining variety of sounds at one's fingertips to create a satisfactory clarifying phrase or rhythm - or perhaps just for puctuation."

  Mark Russillo
  a.k.a. The Rhode Island Kid

rmcgraw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
  > And finally...
> if all the above is true then I assume it would apply
> to the chromatic as well whereby the chro would be THE
> axe for certain applications but not the best choice
> for others, even with all 12 tones available. Would
> that be a fair assessment?
---I think it is.
WVa Bob