[Harp-L] re: intonation and such

Paul M wrote:

"So, I guess what I understand from your reply is that players should make
good choices when deciding which of the three distinct diatonic
'sound-alities' to use for a particular purpose; in other words . . . don't
choose to play something like Ode to Joy using a 'sound-ality' that doesn't
sound good when playing it . . ."

Exactly. That said, I also believe that the naturals are much easier in these terms than the accidentals. Rarely do you have to avoid a natural note because it will stand out in a negative way.

"OK . . . well, I'm glad we got that straight . . . I agree wholeheartedly"

Glad to hear it. I must have been mistaken when I got the opposite impression from a previous post of yours in this thread.

 ()()    JR "Bulldogge" Ross
()  ()   & Snuffy, too:)
`----'