[Harp-L] Re: puckering, tongue blocking and speed

eric in miami wrote:
"i know guys like sugar and ricci CAN tb,,, but you can't sell me on the dexterity of tb-ing by default. ..show me a tounge blocker who says he never needs to pucker,, and i'll show you a boring harp player with no vision whatsoever."

Sugar Blue, Paul Oscher and Dennis Gruenling are 100% tongue blockers. (S.B. and P.O. told me this to my face, D.G. in an e-mail and numerous times on list). In your eyes, are these guys boring harp players with no vision whatsoever?
No embouchure is inherently faster or slower. It's what you are used to, the way you learned to play that counts.
MN