Re: [Harp-L] SPAH 2006

On Aug 21, 2006, at 1:09 PM, Chris Michalek wrote:
I woke up in time for the jazz jam. George Brooks and I tried to participate but were met with fairly heavy and negative resistance, I truly felt like I was in a strange town where I had to convince the jam leader that I could play jazz on the harmonica. We were told to wait until the break.

Strange, I dropped out specifically so you COULD have room to play. While there were some players who don't know when to put a lid on it, I am not one of them.

During the break I asked again to play and then was told the band would do a few numbers before they brought up the blues guys.

I was unaware of that. This saddens me.

I skipped the jazz jam as it was quite lame and uninviting the night before.

I agree, and I myself didn't play.

Stu Hunter was damn impressive as well.

Actually Stan Harper (p.s. last name is a stage name)

Tom Albanese (damn!!!!)

Tom was there? Somehow I missed him. :(

smokey-joe