Fwd: [Harp-L] Dead list ?? not so....

In a message dated 8/19/2006 11:13:25 P.M. Central Standard Time, IcemanLE
writes:

Please forward this to harp-l. It is a wonderful encouragement to all  those
lurkers who feel intimidated or shy about posting. Imagine the good this  will
do - it will truly open up the door for those who are learning to play  and
talk about it. After all, Harp-l was meant for this -

Thanks in advance.

Larry

-----Original Message-----
From:  WLeeLewis@xxxxxxx
To: IcemanLE@xxxxxxx
Sent: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 10:07  PM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Dead list ?? not so....

In a message dated 8/19/2006 2:09:35 A.M. Central Standard Time,
icemanle@xxxxxxx writes:

Hardly  dead. Now is the time for the 90 % of you "L-lurkers" to post without
fear  of being lambasted by "The PUNDITS", who are all at SPAH doing the
gunslinger thang.

The Iceman

Yes, you are right.  It makes sense to ramble while we can do so  under the
radar.  I went to SPAH in Dallas in 2003.   A  wonderful experience.  Lots of
great people.  My wife and I have a  marvelous time.  And I can't say I
actually "play" the harmonica.  I  just aspire.

We went to Birmingham in May of this year for another harmonica  event.
Again, a great experience -- perhaps even better than  Dallas.  More entertaining
and exceptionally friendly folks.  It  convinces me that the harmonica
community has a great deal to offer to anyone  who wishes to participate.  And I am
living proof that you don't even  actually have to play the harmonica to have
an incredible experience.

I'm just waiting for a propitious moment to reappear at SPAH.  I may  even be
able to play the instrument by then.  I now aspire toward the  chromatic and
I'm working on it.  Wish me luck!

Lee Lewis
Madison, MS

P.S.: I thought I was responding to Harp-L since I hit reply but it  appears
that you will be the sole recipient of my tome.  I always enjoy  your posts.