[Harp-L] I was there, Re: Jason Ricci in AZ

Chris Michalek and the latest version of the Buddha's Groove opened for Jason. Quite excellent except that his guitar player drowned him out with volume in spots.

This was my first time to hear Jason Ricci and the New Blood live. They lived up to the expectations that have been set by all the rave reviews that he gets. If you haven't heard him live, find a way to do it.

During the second set, Chris sat in for one song and again at the end for the climactic song that had them swapping licks. Hearing them play together was quite a treat. A very memorable night of music it was.

I could easily gush on and on about the show, but I was out too late for a guy who gets up at 4:30 in the morning, so I'll just give the executive summary.

Hoooolllleeee $#|+ that was good!

Peace and music,
Dave