[Harp-L] Re: Harp-L] harp shops in NY

When I need a harp "right now" I tell the music store clerk, or preferably the owner, that I'm a pro (no, I'm not, really, but I can sound like one for a few bars in the rare instances it seems necessary) that I need a particular harp for a gig that night, (which is true, altho not a paying gig) and that I can get the same harp (sp20) at Kevin's for less than 18 bucks. I don't think I ever had to pay more than 20 bucks including tax. I suppose if I said I neeeded a large set right now the same thing would happen, given available stock.

But Manhattan may be a different situation. Ever since the Rat Newspaper shut down and Crazy Melvin left it's just not been the same old warm and friendly place.

-Dave Fertig