Re: [Harp-L] harp shops in NY

though it's been a year since i lived in NYC, i'm
pretty sure Manny's is no longer a good place to buy
harmoncias. it certainly wasn't during the five years
i was there. across the street, Sam Ash has a store
which sells sheet music, brass instruments, and
harmonicas. the selection is ok. mostly Hohners. the
prices are not cheap.
on 1st Avenue, between 11th and 12th streets, there's
A-1 Music. they have more harmonicas than any other
store i know of in NYC (though they aren't big on flat
keys). that's my best suggestion for buying harps in
NYC
(of course, that's if you want to skip the real
harmonica bargain - tremolo harmonicas for about a
buck from Pearl River Mart down on Broadway. cheap in
every way, but you can't beat it for a real NYC street
harp ;)

--- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "James
Sterett" <jsterett@...> wrote:

> big, famous NYC music store:
>
> Manny's Music
> 156 W. 48th St (btwn 6th & 7th Ave)
> NYC

4:06 PM >>>
> Hi, a friend of mine is going to NY this month and
she asked me about
> nice places to buy harmonicas in manhattan. Her time
window is very
> short (she will stay in NY for one day only), so
unfortunately she
> won't be able to order and wait for delivery, which
would be probably