Re: [Harp-L] Harp stories of geezers

 It does my heart good to hear all these stories of how long it took and how
hard it was to find information back 30 years ago about learning harp. If I
hadn't had to learn 'music' as well as harp, I'd have been farther along. But,
these stories are an inspiration and I'm all revved up again to work on harp.
I've been spending most of my music time-allowance on upright bass in the last
couple of years, rockabilly slap bass most recently. I saw a Texas musician
last weekend named Wayne Hancock and his bass player just blew me away.   But
some friends of mine have 3 piece band patterned after that one and I see places
where harp will work well.
   another flashback.. I saw Tony Glover play in person, as a guest with
Bonnie Raitt, and I was disappointed. I still, somewhere, have a couple copies of
his book and maybe even a copy of the record that went with one of them.   I
learned more in one afternoon from Chris Michalek than all of the hours spent
with that Glover book. Guys like Chris at Buckeye, guys like Jelly Roll
Johnson, Joe Filisko, Madcat, Rob Paparozzi, Richard Sleigh, and many many more....
even Buzz, all showed me things that helped. Now, if I just had some talent to
go with that . . . .

Still a fool for the Harp
Steve 'Moandabluz' Webb