From: Michael Fugazzi <mfugazzi67@xxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 16:20:04 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: [Harp-L] Volume difference between amps???

If both amps were say on 5, would the volume difference between a Pro Junior and
Bassman be really different?  How much louder in all seriousness?

  The PJ seems to stop increasing in volume after 6 or 7.  The last little bit
seems to be a gain control.  I don't know if I'd ever play a venue that needed
to be louder then that without a PA.

  The loudest I have ever ran my Bassman at a gig is 6 and that was outside and
miked (so it didn't really matter how loud I was).  I think the Pro Junior might
be too loud for some venues on 3 or 4 (my Bassman always hovers around 4, so the
settings are similar).  I am seriously thinking of selling my Bassman for an amp
that has less watts then my Pro Junior (or that is less feedback prone).  The PJ
would be my "large" amp.  I've also heard that you can run the PJ with a speaker
cabinet and that it would be plenty loud that way too.

  The PJ, even with the crappy speaker sounded better on 3 or higher then the
Bassman did on 4.  I simply think the Bassman is too loud to crank it to the
tone that I want it.

  FWIW, our guitar player plays a Victorian Champ and always runs it on 11.  I
played my PJ on about 5 and had to turn down.  The PJ is not a quiet amp!

  I am open to all sorts of thoughts and lines of thinking.

  Thanks

Mike Fugazzi
vocals/harmonica
NiteRail