[Harp-L] Harp Legacy

My harp legacy originated in Geneva, Illinois, where my father played for  my
family every night after dinner.

He knew how to play every song we requested and continued to try to learn
the rock songs to which his children listened in the late  60's.

My father gave me my first Hohner Marine Band Harmonica,  and I could easily
play all my childhood favorites.

In 2003 I gave a harmonica as a birthday gift to a special friend who had
never learned how to play any musical instruments.

Since his brothers had played brass instruments while in high school  while
he concentrated on sports, this first little Hohner harp presented to  him by
me made a grand impression on him. He was able to learn a simple song  favorite
easily, and in no time we were chugging out all our childhood  favorites and
playing them together.

Soon, my friend presented me with harmonica gifts including blues harp
lesson books with CD's, Hohner Golden Melodies, music stands, Korg tuners,  etc.

We were so thrilled with my friend's new ability to play a  musical
instrument that we bought amps and microphones and discovered all the  great harmonica
players old and new.

We bought harps in every key, brought them all to Red Rocks  Amphitheater in
Morrison, CO, carried them down to  the stage, and played there often helping
to spread the word of this  wonderful little instrument.

Looking back on how greatly I influenced a friend in music by way of  the
harmonica means so much to me, I have made it my lifetime goal to continue  to do
so.

Aloha..........................SuzyQBlues

        [Image  removed