[Harp-L] Buckeye Festival

Elizabeth, in your report on Buckeye, which was
wonderfully thorough, you didn't know if I am on
Harp-l.  Yes, I am.  And enjoy all the sharing that
people contribute.

It seems every Festival I attend adds something
special to my harmonica development. Arrived at
Buckeye Thurs, about 4 p.m. Picked up my registration
Fri. AM.  Two days is just too short!

On Friday at the Seydel display, to watch Bobbie
compare her earlier addition of the Rennisannce (sp?)
to the new one that Seydel is producing was an
historic experience I will never forget. Thank you,
Bobbie, for being willing to allow us to watch!

Elizabeth, it was so good to meet you after reading
all your postings on the web.

What a pleasure to meet Rupert, representing Seydel.
Such a kind man.  And "Doc" with Harp Depot---what
would we do without him.  When I stopped at my
nephew's home in Dublin for brunch Sunday morning
before leaving Columbus, my 3 little
grand-nephews--5,3&1 were standing in the doorway as I
arrived, holding up their "troup harps" that I gave
them last year. They were playing them much of the 2
hrs. I was there. What a joy Doc's "troup harps" bring
to not only the troups, but to others of us
State-side.

Buckeye was a milestone for me this year, my first
time to play on "Open Mic".  Not of my choosing, but
George Cassell would not let me "off the hook."
Fortunately, George and another man played the songs
with me--they covered up my mistakes. I thought one
song was enough, but they wouldn't settle for less
than 3!!  Now the "ice" is broken. It made me realize
regular practice is now required. And 1-1/2 wks ago
joined the Wolverine Harmonica Club in Battle Creek,
MI. Should help me learn faster.  It's fun to play
music along with those in the club who are so good.

Also, met Beverly Adams who won a harp in the raffle
Sat. night. All those who contribute so many nice
prizes for the raffle are SO generous.  Bless them!

Meeting Jason Ricci and watching him and P. Gazell
"jam" in the room near the Seydel display was awesome.
 What great talent. No words can adequately describe
how great each of their performances was in the
evening concerts.

Had a chance to sit down with Judy Smith to talk about
her Suzuki 64 and Suzuki Tremolo Sat. AM at the
Attrium.  Learned alot.  Also, listened to Chris, Bud,
and Frank playing at another table.  They even played
a special request for me--"Spanish Eyes." They are
among my favorite players, along with Phil C., and all
the other "greats"--the "Hot Shots", the Harm.
Junction.

All the others I haven't named are not because they
are any less great, but only because I am out of time
to add more.

Thanks to Jack Ely, the whole Buckeye Club, all the
volunteers, who made the Festival such an inspiring
time to keep us in-touch with others of like
interest!!

Linda