[Harp-L] mu chords

The latest Keyboard Magazine has some cool Steely Dan chords. You can build some
interesting riffs based on these chords. There's the Mu chord, which is just a
triad plus the 2nd--for the tonic chord on the harp 3Dbb 3D 4D 6B (B, C# E, A
in the key  of A). Quartal harmony--tonic chord 4D 6B 7B 8B (E,A,D, F# in A).
You can play this over the tonic or the subdominant(it can be an A chord or a D
chord)--it's a nice vague chord. There's a couple others I haven't tabbed out
yet. The trick is to keep the chords moving. On the tonic chord, you might move
from the Mu chord, to quartal, then play a mu chord with an added 6th-- 4D 5D
6D. This chord might sound better if you tune the 3B up half a step--on the
keys the chord would be voiced 5,1, minor 3rd(B,E,G in A), so 3B 4D 5D.
I didn't get a chance to try these on the harp the other day while jamming (I
was really concentrating on my vibrato). but on keys the quartal chord gives a
rock jam a real earlier Dark Star Grateful Dead kind of sound.

Rainbow Jimmy
http://www.spaceanimals.com
http://www.soundclick.com/theelectricstarlightspaceanimals.htm