Re: [Harp-L] Re: Creative Inspirations-Jerry Adler?

Hi John,

       I loved your list! Quite Diverse too,-)

  You listed JERRY ADLER for the 'Breakfast at Tiffany's'-Moon River Soundtrack. I think it is documented that GEORGE FIELD'S played on that...Do you have the original LP where ADLER is listed??? just curious.....As a Studio Musician myself, I'd hate to see such a beautiful solo not given proper credits.

      Let's see if we can get some help here from our great list!

  Anyway, thanx for sharing your 'sweet' list of inspirations....and Jerry Adler is SUPERB!!

MilwHarmonica@xxxxxxx wrote:  Hello, Grant. Here's my partial list of tunes that have inspired me to play
harmonica. There are dozens more, but these were the most influential.

Breakfast at Tiffany's movie soundtrack-Jerry Adler's performance of Moon
River was so simple, yet so beautiful. Nobody could have played it better. This
was the tune that invited me to play harmonica.

Whammer Jammer- Magic Dick, J. Geils Band-when I first heard this, I said,
"wow! I wanna do that!"

Concierto de Aranjuez-Joachin Rodrigo-performed by Larry Adler-This is great
music performed by a great performer. Originally a Spanish guitar piece,
then arranged for symphony with harmonica.

For Once In My Life- Stevie Wonder-Stevie' s playing is impressive. The tune
is fresh today.

Harmonicat Boogie-The Harmonicats-I practiced this for 6 months (all 3
parts), and it still wasn't as good as the Cats.

The Harmonica Player-by David Guion- performed by John Sebastian, Sr. I
heard a recording of this piece 20+ years ago, and forgot the composer's name. I
searched for many years until I found this piece last winter, published by G.
Schirmer It cost about $3.50 for the sheet music, originally written for
piano. It's the next tune for me to practice.

In most of these tunes, it was the music, not the performer(s) that
influenced me, but in the case of the tune, Moon River, It was Jerry Adler's perfect
performance that really left an impression.

Thanks for reeding this. John Broecker, Milwaukee Harmonica Club.